-Randy Pausch
Eight years ago today was the last time I spoke to my mom. She was concerned about Kaytlin who had just had surgery on her mouth to remove a roaming tooth. She was also concerned about a patient who was recovering from a TURBT (surgery for prostate cancer). She asked me to call him and check up on him. Apparently he had noone to take care of him at home. She called me quite a bit while they where on their moving trip to move Traci and Shorty to Florida. Mom had just gotten a new, cool phone and was playing with it. She told me to call her back several times just to see what setting it was on. I am glad I called her back. The next morning she burned to death in a car accident. Although I was filled with incredible sorrow, I was comforted by all that I had been taught by my parents, teachers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and of course the Lord. I remember in my moms funeral service, my Aunt Diane ( my moms sister) told the following story: In a beautiful blue lagoon on a clear day, a fine sailing-ship spreads its brilliant white canvas in a fresh morning breeze and sails out to the open sea. We watch her glide away magnificently through the deep blue and gradually see her grow smaller and smaller as she nears the horizon. Finally, where the sea and sky meet, she slips silently from sight; and someone near me says, "There, she is gone!" Gone where? Gone from sight--that is all. She is still as large in mast and hull and sail, still just as able to bear her load. and we can be sure that just as we say, "There, she is gone!" another says, "There, she comes!"

I couldn't find too many pics of my mom. She was always the one taking them. She was super gorgeous though right?

Thats Kristi and Traci on mom and me on Gram.
I miss her too, she has been on my mind a lot lately. She was so beautiful, and you look so much like her. She was the glue that held our families together. I hate that we have all drifted so far apart. I hope you are doing well. I have been following your blog for a while but for sosme reason my comments never seem to show up. I will keep trying. We really need to get toghther and catch up.
ReplyDeleteLove her, miss her! She is one of the most wonderful people that I have been lucky enough to have bless my life! Thanks for sharing her! Love you, miss you!
ReplyDeleteI remember hearing about your loss years ago, love the quote you posted. I'm sure she's smiling down on you and your beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteCute pictures.I love that you posted these! TURP ;)
ReplyDelete