When Brock was in 1st Grade, his teacher, Mrs. Parcell, called me to tell me she was a little concerned about something and to come in to talk to her. For the life of me, I could not figure out was it was. She scared me. What if he stole something. What if he got in a fight with someone and really hurt them. If they deserved it I would first be proud but then take him home and talk to him about it. I walked into her classroom trying my best to remain poised and proud of my son. Then she told me to take a seat. I just about fell into one of the teeny, tiny 1st grader chairs. Well, there went any dignity I had left and just resolved to take it like a man. Mrs. Parcell proceeded to tell me that Brock is just a little too popular. What? Apparently, there are several girls who continually come in from lunch or recess crying because Brock won't play with them. He would rather play football or soccer with the boys. They love it when he pays attention to them. There was even one girl who had beautiful blonde curly hair and Brock would touch it and compliment her on it. Well all of the other girls were super jealous. Mrs. Parcell and I had a great laugh about this. We never came up with a solution, but we decided this was the cutest problem in the history of 1st grade. I talked to Brock about it when I went home and he said, "Mom the girls can't keep their hands off of me!"


No comments:
Post a Comment