Todays Brock story is the last one. We are leaving on vacation tonight and I don't want to bring my laptop with me. Brock will be turning 12 on Saturday. I am having a hard time believing it. It was the early morning hours on October 22, 1999. I was already 4 days over due and I was just sick and tired of being pregnant. I just wanted to meet my son already. I asked Kristi if she would take me for a drive to Gunlock lake and we would have lunch with little Jessica and Little Kaytlin. We went to McDonalds for lunch and the girls had gotten cute little Halloween buckets with their Happy Meals. Kaytlin accidentally sent her bucket too far into the water. I was getting up to rescue her bucket when I felt a gush of water. I guess I had this freaked out look on my face because Kristi knew imediately what just happened. We grabbed the girls and ran for the truck. Kaytlin was very sad I left her bucket in the water. Kristi was prepared for my water breaking and pulled out a towel for me to sit on. I wasn't having any contractions though. Well, I didn't feel any. She brought me home and I called Danny and then my midwife. Danny made it home to catch Brock. Yes, he delivered my son. The umbilical cord was around his neck and his shoulders got stuck a little bit, but after 4 hours of hard labor, I finally held my son in my arms. He was a beautiful newborn baby! Perfect! My parents were watching Kaytlin and they brought her home soon after. She loved him instantly. She wanted to hold him and play with him all of the time. I am so thankful for Brock. I love him so much! He was 9 pounds 1 ounce, 21 inches long. Born at 10:15 pm on Friday, 10/22/99. (Kaytlin was also born 4 days over due on a Friday at around 10:15 pm. Weird!) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROCK!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment