They are so incredible! They have had projects to do and finals to test and clothes to grow out of. Spring is a big month for babies to be born, so I have been working alot and haven't had alot of time to help with any of those things. They have been on their own. Well...they helped each other alot. In fact, I have tried to suppress the whole "growing up" part, but they did that on their own too. They have both studied, passed and/or aced all of their tests in school. (Thank heavens!) Here are the projects they did. What the heck!!! So creative!!!


Yesterday we had a neighborhood 5k run. Kay and Brock tried to get their friends to run in it with them. Brock doesn't have any friends that run. Well, for fun anyway. I'm sure they run all of the time at school when getting chased by girls. HeHe. Kay got a few of her friends to sign up, but only the boys came to run with her. (I think they are trying to impress her, but I was more impressed. I hope she chooses one of them to marry. They are so cute too! Anyway, lets not worry about that now.) Danny and Kay have been training off and on for a while, but Brock would have none of that. I was worried about him for the race. But of course, he finished third in his age group! He looked like he was going to throw-up, but he finished third. He said he is determined that no other kids will pass him up and he pushes himself hard.
I think that determination comes from Grampa Marden. Which shows that the mind is more powerful than the body. I love it! When you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Kaytlin did meet up with a friend before the race. We were all suprised to see this friend there because last year, throughout the entire school year, she was so sick. There were several times she wasn't supposed to make it. Kaytlin and her friends would visit her whenever possible. She had some sort of sickness that several different doctors misdiagnosed. It was horrible. Kay finished the race with her friend. While we were driving home we asked Kay how her run was. She said she could have finished alot sooner, but as soon as she started the race with her friend, she knew she needed to keep the same pace with her so that she wouldn't fall behind. Again, just like Grampa Marden. Kay said she doesn't feel bad at all that she didn't get a medal and Brock gave her a big hug when she crossed the finish line.
The picture is Kay and her friend is in the hat and some random person on the left.

And then there is Danny. He finished the race and then ran back to make sure the kids were doing ok. I don't even think he broke a sweat. He loves to run. Just like Grampa Marden. Wait....I am beginning to see why my family is so cool! Thank you Grampa Marden for your incredible influence and great genes!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment